the mcduffie trio

Margaret McDuffie, jazz singer

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

YouTube

Some fun VIDEO from the release party - one of my favorites. It reminds me that for a while the working title for the record was Attitude.
  ~ "I'd Rather Not" ~


So much to say about the band. There's more in past posts, but a good source is the CD Baby page, where everyone gets a bio, and they're all darn good reading. Go on and check what this CD release party fuss was all about:     http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/margaretmcduffie

So much fun singing harmonies! Wish I could do it all the time, but Sara Milonovich is an accomplished and very busy fiddle player and singer with her own band Daisycutter (2nd CD soon on the way), and Esther Knudson has a life! I remember first hearing Esther at The Howland Cultural Center in Beacon with Michael Lowe in a ensemble called I think the New York Review. She's an incredible singer and improviser. Hoping someday I can rope her into some weird cool a'capella thing. Till then, keep an eye for her rare appearances and lovely huskey tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment