the mcduffie trio

Margaret McDuffie, jazz singer

Friday, June 19, 2015

Grant Green was there

Wednesday night, after seeing the fantastic Ani diFranco play a great show at the Towne Crier in Beacon, I sat in with Art Labriola, Andy Stack & Otto Hauser at Quinn's. What a contrast! After the intense inspiring sounds of Ani, walking into the realm of 60's jazz organ at Quinn's and its lively mellow sound was really really cool. I piped "It Ain't Necessarily So", a tune that Art & I recorded a few years back just because. Revisiting that with Hammond was so engaging & relaxing. I want to pull all my Grant Green records out of storage and spend the weekend lost in that vinyl. Maybe a little Jack McDuff and Jimmy Smith, too.

Grant Green "It Ain't Necessarily So"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP1iyEUyHeI

No comments:

Post a Comment