the mcduffie trio

Margaret McDuffie, jazz singer

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Cassandra Studio

Some gigs are coming up again soon - January 14th & 27th, for starters - but there've been a lot of hours in the studio, lately, recording and mixing demos & tracks for what will the the 3rd and 4th records. While the 2nd is still in mixing stage. Yes, I'm guilty of overextending and proliferation, and all the charts and samples and demos and mixes are evidence. Swimming in it. But I've had a fantastic opportunity the past few years to hunker down and write and record a lot of material, and I've gone for it.

While finishing up a collection of standards and standard-like originals at Root Cellar Studio in Cold Spring, which by the way are gorgeous and thank you so much Todd Giudice, I began preparing to all the new songs, and brought them to a different studio to get a feel for how they would sound in a different environment. Rob Kissner at Cassandra Studio in Beacon has accommodated me while in the midst of mixing his own most recent record, and between us we've gotten down basic tracks for quite a few songs. The players I've roped into yet more of my music, Stave Raleigh, Jim Curtin and T. Xiques are as always brilliant and easy-going, and things sound really, really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment